« Home | What am I supposed to do? » | Do The Right Thing » | Me First » | Paradigm Paralysis » | A Decision » | If Tomorrow Never Comes » | Settling » | Sex? » | Giving up the fight (for now) » | True Friends (rant) »

It's About Progress

There are things which are illusions. One is control. Another is perfection. I was originally going to talk about the first, but recent events have brought the second to the front of my mind. Addressing perfection, I thought I'd throw something out I'd heard before:

Life is not about perfection, it's about progress.


See, nothing in this life is perfect. Jobs, people, places, things, relationships. Everything has a drawback. Everything has ups and downs. This is especially true with life.

When it comes to life, it's all about making progress. Growing as a person, being in a relationship, these are two that are at the front of my mind right now. See, you'll never be perfect. I know I sure as hell ain't. But, I can make progress. I can try to be a better person, try to grow as a person, or not.

And that's what I think it all comes down to. If you expect perfection, from yourself or others, you'll be disappointed. It's just never going to happen. But, if you always try to improve, then you'll find that things aren't so bad.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Christopher
  • From Fairport, NY, United States
  • I am an old-style computer geek. My first bit of code was "Hello, World!" written in Basic on a TRS-80 (Trash-80 ftw!). I have since persued an interest in computers both as a hobby and (more recently) a profession. My current position is that of a .NET Developer for Paychex of NY. I'm a bit of an evangelist when it comes to new technologies.
My profile